Best Laptops For College Students Under $500
If you are looking for laptops for college students under $500, you should definitely keep reading!
In this blog post, I show you 10 best laptops for college students in 2021 that you can use during or after the school year!
But before we get started, just a little disclaimer – I am not a computer expert at all, I am showing you these options after a big research I did online, that’s all.
Note: Affiliate links may be used in this post. I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase through my affiliate link. Read my full disclaimer here.
Samsung Chromebook Plus V2
The Samsung Chromebook Plus V2 is a great laptop for college students and for general people who work a lot on their computers.
This laptop is perfect for writing, doing homework, and working.
- 4GB RAM
- 32GB eMMC
- 13MP Camera
- Chrome OS
- 16:10 Aspect Ratio
- Light Titan
- The laptop has a powerful processor
- Has a two-in-one design and built-in pen, which makes it perfect for doing homework on your laptop as a college student
- There’s no HDMI output, which means that you’ll need a USB-C dongle
- The keyboard is not backlit.
Flagship HP Chromebook
The Flagship HP Chromebook is a very modern and new computer that isn’t expensive, under $500, and works amazing.
- The laptop has built-in virus protection and cloud backups
- Has thousands of apps for you to use
I couldn’t find many cons online. I saw that some users reported battery problems, but it’s a small percent of all reviews.
2020 Acer Chromebook 15.6″ Thin Light Laptop
Fun fact, I own the 2020 Acer Chromebook 15.6″ Thin Light Laptop, so I’ll share with you my own experience.
The bottom line is that I absolutely love this laptop! I love that it’s thin, lightweight, fast, works great. It’s perfect for students and for people who work from their computer.
I actually both study and work with my computer, I’ve been using it non-stop for 1.5 years since I got it, and I highly recommend it!
ASUS F512JA-AS34 VivoBook 15 Thin Laptop
With the ASUS F512JA-AS34 VivoBook 15 Thin Laptop, you receive what you pay for. It’s a nice strong, large display computer has a good design and performs very well.
- Has attractive aesthetic
- Excellent day-to-day performances
- Doesn’t have thunderbolt 3 support
- Doesn’t have a colorful display
2020 HP Stream 11.6 inch Laptop
I love colorful laptops! And this cute pink 2020 HP Stream laptop isn’t only pretty, it’s also very convenient for college students and performs very well!
- Excellent battery life
- The laptop is bundled with Office 365
- Unspectacular HD display
- The touchpad isn’t perfect
Dell Inspiron 15 3000
The Dell Inspiron 15 3000 is budger friendly laptop that will help you get the job done with no difficulties.
It is a great well-performing laptop and offers a whole terabyte of storage.
- The laptop is affordable, and you get more than what you pay for
- Great battery life
- 1,366-by-768 display resolution
- A lot of flex in the lid when open
Microsoft Surface Go 2 – 10.5″ Touch-Screen
If you are looking for a nice touch-screen laptop, the Microsoft Surface Go 2 – 10.5″ Touch-Screen laptop is a great option to consider!
This laptop offers a larger display, better computing performance, and long battery life. This laptop is the ultimate study/work-from-home computer.
- The laptop is thin, lightweight, and has an excellent build quality
- Has a silent operation system
- Has a face-recognition camera with 1080p quality
- A keyboard cover isn’t included
- The laptop can get pricey once kitted up with accessories
2019 Lenovo Chromebook S330
The 2019 Lenovo Chromebook S330 is known for its excellent battery life. Which makes it the perfect laptop to work within the library.
- Has an excellent battery life
- The laptop is thin and light-weight, which makes it easy to carry around
- Limited CPU performance
2021 HP Stream 14″ HD Thin and Light Laptop
The 2021 HP Stream 14″ HD Thin and Light Laptop is the newer version of the 2020 HP Stream 11.6 inch laptop.
- Batter life is very impressive
- The touchpad may have problems
Acer Chromebook Spin 11 Laptop
Last but not least is the Acer Chromebook Spin 11 laptop. The laptop offers a keyboard, touch, and stylus input.
It also runs Chrome OS and Android apps as well. This laptop is claimed to be the best Chromebook on the market.
- Great for school use.
- Has two USB-C and two USB 3.0 ports
- Has a snappy keyboard
- It’s a small laptop
- Easy to-lose stylus
- Imperfect Android compatibility.
And that’s it for today! These were the 10 best laptops for college students under $500! Which laptop are you thinking of getting? Let us know in the comments below!